Robert's Mission Call 12 03 2009

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

THE FORCE IS WITH ME....AND TRANSFERS!

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well I hope that you guys had a good week. I know I did.

I know my mission is an important thing and I'm doing my very best at it. I know I always don't tell all my stories or anything but that's cause I don't have time to always send super long emails all the time. but I will try to do better with that. But I promise when I get back I'll tell you guys everything.

Hey mom I'm glad you went to lunch with Bolnick's mom! He loves you for that! You and Sister Barnes are really great!

This was a pretty good week for Anz Strobelt and myself.

I don't know if I have told you guys or not but they have kinda changed the way we do teaching and finding here in the mission a bit. It's been totally different then how I was taught how to do stuff and same with Anz Strobelt, so these last few weeks we've been trying it out a lot and its just been kinda iffy because we totally weren't used to it!

On Saturday night we finally had some success with it!! We just had like a whole night of finding work with no lessons planned (those nights can get kinda long ) so we just took off like always. We had some very interesting lessons. One was with these Orthodox brothers who were interesting. They were funny but just totally not elect.

Then later we got in with this dude and it was so cool. We taught him about Joesph Smith and his whole story (the 1st lesson) and the spirit was so strong. He was totally cool and we both totally thought he was elect!!! But at the end he just said that he had some rough times with churches in the past and just really wasn't ready to let God in his life again. It was so sad. We did our very best to try to help him and let him know that God loves him and his family but he just wasn't interested. We both left that lesson really bummed! He was such a cool guy!! But we do have to respect other people and their free agency so we did. We left a pamphlet and our number.

After that lesson we were both kinda bummed and we wanted to just go get gelato. It was around 8ish or so and we had worked really hard all day and just were tired. But we were like heck no lets just finish working for the day. So we did. And then of course when we choose the right thing the Lord always does His part and blesses us!!!

So we knocked on this one door and this little girl answered and we asked for her parents and she just walked away. We looked in the house and this old dude just stared at us and then just walked away. So we are standing in the hallway of the palazzo (apartment building) and the door is just wide open. Anz Stroblet is like, "what should we do?" and I said just walk in so he did. We just walked in the house and kinda poked our heads around the corner and then this man came and started talking to us. We had such a legit lesson with him . He said he was looking for something just like this to help guide his life. His name is Manuele and is a baller!!!!! It was really cool. It is just funny how it always works like that!! There days like this, and if you just do your best the Lord just blesses you! So that was a cool story. He seems super solid and I hope he will end up getting baptized one day.

Oh another cool kinda similar story. (Dude I can't spell anymore. I never know if I'm spelling stuff right or not!!) Thursday we were doing some casa by Percy's house (the kid you guys talked to) and we knocked on this door. This kid opens the door and speaks Spanish and way bad Italian. him and his little brother are just chillin' there and we are like "siamos los elderes" ha ha!! Kinda Spanish like, and then they go get there mom and she just immediately lets us in. Her Italian is even worse then the kids, ha ha! We start trying to talk to them and stuff, and we find out that they are members!!!! So we leave real quick and went and got Percy and his brother Diego from their house because they live almost right next door. We bring them over and they start talking to them in Spanish and we find out that they have been in Italy for 2 months now and the mom has been praying that she would meet the elders on the street so she could find where the church is. And we ended up knocking on their door. It was really cool! just another testimony builder that the Lord is guiding our work! so ya those are the cool stories of the week.

On Monday we went to Como!!!! It was beautiful!! I loved it! we went on the lake and went to Bellagio!!!!! It was amazing! Don't worry I got good pics!!! ;) ha ha! We saw the house that is in the Star Wars movie. I totally felt the force when we went by it it was awesome!!! So ya' that was super fun!!!

OK so now for transfers!!!

The mission is losing some missionaries because more are leaving then are coming in so they are shutting down our coppia that they just opened. Which means me and Anz Strobelt our out!!!

Strobelt is going to Reggio Emilia, and I'm heading to Ravenna!!! It's gonna be sick (awesom)!!! I'm super stoked!!! I've heard Ravenna is awesome! It's gonna be pretty. I'm on a special assignment for President Wolfgramm now. My companion is Anz Criag, and he goes home in 2 transfers and was in the Rome mission. I'm kinda nervous about my assignment,but I'm sure all will work out just fine!

But ya' that's about all for me here. You guys will probably be getting some of my pics from this transfer sometime soon.

I love you guys tons! Thanks so much for all you guys do, and I hope you guys have a great week. I'll let you guys know how Ravenna is next week!

Bye guys love you both!!!!!
vi voglio bene

Anziano Bona

No comments: