Robert's Mission Call 12 03 2009

Thursday, August 11, 2011

IT'S TRANSFER TIME AGAIN

Dear Mom and Dad!
This past weekend was basically.... one of the best of my mission. You probably know what I mean by that. Luca got baptized. It was awesome. Initially I was worried because I didn't know if a lot of members would show up due to the ferie season (vacation time for Italians) but, surprisingly, everyone who was in town came! Even some that we didn't plan on being there showed up! It was amazing.
 
We met with him last Wednesday and Friday night just to make sure all was cool and that it was really what he wanted to do. Saturday came along and Anz Bushman made a ton of dolce that we ate after :) I had the opportunity to baptize him. I was greatly honored to be able to do that. There was such a great spirit! On Sunday Anz Bushman gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost and confirmed him a member of the church. It was great, and it was also fast and testimony meeting. I was the first one to get up and I just told everyone how thankful I was for them and for Ravenna and everything I felt. It was pretty powerful then the meeting went on and there was just a great spirit there. At one point Luca looked at me and asked if he should go up there. I told him if he wanted to he could share his testimony. He got up and gave a nice short little testimony about how he felt the spirit when he got baptized. It was so amazing. So everything went really well. His mom, dad and daughter came to the baptism and his daughter and son were also present on Sunday! As you can see it really was a great day!
So about transfers.... yupp I'm gone! It was pretty obvious because I've been in Ravenna for almost 6 months and now ha ha. I'm going to La Spezia! (I think that's how you spell it). It is right by Cinque Terre and Genova. President told me that he needed me in that part of Italy to help the growth of the Church. I'm excited for this opportunity and it should be fun! My new companion is going to be Anz Winward. He is a nice kid. I was in his district back in Milano. At that time he was in Piacenza being trained. He has grown a lot so I am excited for the opportunity to work with him. I am going to miss Anz Bushman ..I love him a lot! I'm sad to leave Ravenna but it is time.
 
Today we went to see Zio Nicola for the last time! It was cool to see them one last time. I wanted to give them a Book of Mormon and we got on the topic of religion and then Zio Nicola started to stress out a little bit so I didn't do it. You know how he is with religion. I guess I was a pansy and now I feel terrible about not doing it! :(
 
Last night we saw Luca for the last time. It was so sad. He is so awesome! Totally send him an "auguri" (congratulations) through facebook! He would love that!
 
So sounds like I am about to start another chapter of my mission. I am excited. Hopefully I will do better then how I did in Ravenna! There is always room for improvement! Thanks so much for your super nice emails. As soon as I have the new address of the apartment I will let you know! Well I have to catch a train soon. We will sleep in Bologna tonight and I still need to write President and a few other people so I gotta bounce! I hope you guys have a great week! Keep being awesome! I love you guys so much! Take care and give my love to family and friends over there!!!! Can't wait to hear from you guys next week!
Love, Anziano Bona
 
(PS..thanks to Anz Bushman for a few pictures!)
 
 
Activity with Ravenna Members
 
 
P-day in San Marino
 

No comments: