Robert's Mission Call 12 03 2009

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

20 WEEKS AND ANSWERS TO PRAYERS

Dear Mom and Dad!!!

I'm very glad to hear that all is going well back at home!! Dad it is fine that you wrote me in Italian I was able to understand it just fine! But I'm still gonna write back in English! ha ha

And it's only been 20 weeks?! Dang seems like more! But at the same time your right it feels like I just left! Downing has been out for a year now and it's so crazy cause I totally remember us all going to his farewell just like it was yesterday!! Ah man good times!

Um OK some quick updates.... Adriana is well.... like fallin' off of the face of the earth. She just works to much and she says she is too busy to meet with us. Pretty sucky but oh well... Felice is doing really well. He came with his family to church again and is doing good. We moved his baptismal date back to the 14th of August cause we can only see him once a week cause he lives out in Imperia and we need time to teach him everything. But I'm pretty much like 99% sure he'll get baptized on that date! We are happy for him!

We have another investigator named Romulo from Peru who is progressing really well and asked about baptism yesterday so we are gonna ask him to get baptized during our next appointment! Hopefully that works out!!! We love Laminates!!! ;) ha ha

Yes you are right the summer is kinda hard sometimes. It is just so freakin humid here! ha ha It's insane!!! But don't worry we carry water bottles and stay hydrated and all is well. I've kinda had some ingrown toenail issues for a bit more then a week now but it seems to be getting a bit better. It's OK though its just a little thing no need to worry!!! :)

That is so cool that Ryan and Andy are getting ready to depart!! Good for them! I'm sure that they both did a ballin job! That's kinda scary about the visa thing! But I'm sure it'll all work out!! ha And mom I can still see that your trying to be the cool social mom talkin' to everyone and keepin' in touch!! ;) ha ha ha! I'm glad!!!! That's so awesome that people will still come over!! Tell all of them hi for me!!!

So... hmmm.. OK I got one kinda cool story! So these last two weeks have been really rough and we haven't gotten in doing casa (door to door) once during this time! But on Monday we did a scambio (switches/splits) in SanRemo where Anz Curtis (who was in the MTC with me so we are both still new at this whole missionary thing) and we were riding our bikes in a place where I've done like 100 times!! But I just had a feeling to do this random palazzo (apartment building) so we did. We got in and started from the top and just started going down. And one by one we just kept getting rejected!! ha ha So finally Anz Curtis was like this just ain't working and suggested that we do a prayer. So we did and asked for some help cause we needed it! So we kept going and on the very last one we got in and taught them a bit about the restoration and that we have a living prophet today and then they became new investigators!!! So it was pretty cool to just see how if you go by the spirit and put your trust in the Lord He will help you out!! So ya that's my little fun story for the week!! ha ha

I'm glad that all is going OK with Ryan and what not. Just have patience with him and love him. I think that is one big thing that he needs!!! Deep down I know he is a good kid. I'm glad all is going well at home!! Keep me updated and posted! For now I'm doin good and don't need anything special! Thanks though and I'll let ya know if I do! Thanks so much for all your love and support! It means so so much to me!!! I Love you guys so much and miss you all a ton!! Keep up the good work! ;)
Love you guys cant wait to get your guys email next week!
Anziano Robert Bona

PS... Sorry this one was a bit late today! Normally we do email earlier but we did it later today! and transfer week is next week! I'll keep you guys updated on what happens! LOVE YOU GUYS :)

No comments: